Southwell Minster with its majestic Norman Nave and glorious 13th Century Chapter House is on of the least known jewels in the crown of Nottinghamshire.
Jubilee House, the eco-friendly offices for the Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham opened in 2013, providing a mission centre and conference facilities for the Diocese, and open-plan office space for staff – who were previously located in adjacent Dunham House, Bishop's Manor and some in the Minster Centre.
Covering 1,291 square metres, Jubilee House is constructed from natural materials, with a plant-covered roof and external walls made of triple glass punctuated with timber-clad panels. It is set back from the road as a single storey building on three levels, with a large car park on a landscaped site.
The Diocese was first founded in 1884 and now serves 1,080,000 people across 847 miles of Nottinghamshire and parts of South Yorkshire. Staff at Jubilee House provide resources to the 307 churches, 260 parishes and 71 church schools and academies, individuals and communities through advice, information, training, publicity, practical support and funding.